Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Thanksgiving Theme

I'm taking the approach during holiday weeks to just have a few options of preschool activities we can do.  If we get to them - great.  If not, I'm not going to skip watching the Mayci's Day Parade to make sure we fit our preschool stuff in for the week =)  Since we were going to be out of town a majority of the week, we just had one day that we learned about Thanksgiving.  Here's what we did!

We started out with a Thanksgiving Tree.  
We talked about the verse that we had memorized during E week,

"Every good and perfect gift is from above." - James 1:17

Then I asked Parker to think of things that he really likes and is thankful for.  (I thought drawing it on the board would be a bit easier than cutting out several hands).  My personal favorites are 'boats' and 'pick-up trucks.'  What would the world be like without them?  


Then we read


And made a pilgrim hat.


 Later that day, we read

And had our neighbors over to make cute little turkey handprints.  Below is a picture of Adley's.  
I forgot to take a picture of Parker's before I gave them away.  


I tell ya what - I am SO thankful to have to opportunity to create Parker Prep.  It has been such a joy planning and teaching it to Parker.  I'm looking forward to Adley's Alphabet someday, too ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment