Wednesday, June 11, 2014

W is for Wild Thing

We only did two days of Letter W.  Actually, we only did two days of all the rest of the letters.  We had Adley's 1st Birthday this week, and then it was getting warm outside so we couldn't help but go out an play!  Here's what we did for Letter W.

Day 1

We started by reviewing Number Flashcards 1-15, counting to 100!! (Go Parker!), reviewing several verses and identifying letters A-U.  Then I introduced letter W and its verse

"When I am afraid I will trust in you." - Psalm 56:3

For our intro to letter W activity, he painted the Ww's with watercolors.  They turned out really cool.  Parker is starting to be more and more interested in taking his time and adding lots of color =)




Then, we read


and did a sequencing activity I printed off.  Parker re-told the story a few times,


and then we read


and did this giant puzzle.


Finally, we read



Day 2

We started by reviewing letter W and its verse, and then we read


 I printed this Wild Thing worksheet.  It's made up of all different kinds of shapes.  You have to find and count them all, and write the number. (Parker counted, I wrote the number and he traced it). 


I also printed off these fun counting sheets.  You count the wild things and then match the letters to the number word below.



We finished by having Wild Rumpus of our own.  (You'll know what I'm talking about if you've read the book).  We just turned on some music and danced around.

I could've done this next book on Day 3, but I was busy making birthday decorations for Adley =)

We read


I changed it in to "Parker's Walk."  He had to listen to me and act out what I said.  It's kind of beginning lesson to positional words.  For example...

Parker the boy went for a walk.  
Across the living room,


around the tractor,



over the pillow 



past the truck


through the kitchen



under the steps


and got back in time for snack =)


It would've been ideal to eat watermelon, but it was really expensive.  We settled for blueberries!

Throughout the week, we also read these books about whales.



No comments:

Post a Comment