Sunday, May 11, 2014

V is for Violin

I can't think of anything witty to start this one out...so...

Day 1

After the typical number, letter, and verse review, we learned letter V and its verse,

"I am the vine and you are the branches." - John 15:5

I gave him a bowl of fruits and vegetables and he sorted them.  





And made a V out of them.


 He matched up the different shades of violet.


and we finished by reading


Day 2

After counting to 60, he ordered numbers 1-10.



and then we listened to


I read the synopsis for each movement and we danced along =)

Then we read


I showed Parker my violin and played him a few songs from my violin-playing days.



Day 3

Volcano day!  First, we read poems out of


and then Ryan helped him paint a volcano.




We watched a video on the iPad about volcanos.   

Then went outside to make our own volcano in an bottle.

Vinegar

Food coloring

Soda

Kaboom!  (We videotaped it.  Trust me, it wasn't that cool.  I ran out of vinegar).

I really need to take it up a notch don't I?  These last few weeks are getting a little lame!

No comments:

Post a Comment