Friday, November 21, 2014

Fall Break

We went out to my family farm for the first part of the week to have
 one last ride in the combines, tractors and semis.  

We had one morning of preschool when we came back 
and focused mostly on phonemic awareness.

We started with the weather graph 


and added to what we already knew up Psalm 23.

"The Lord is Shepherd, I shall not be in want.  
He makes me lie down in green pastures, 
He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul."

Then we did our first activity with word families.  I put the endings -at, -ad and -it on the board with several words underneath.  He had to read the words and put them in the correct family. 
(Sorry, it's hard to see!)


I was so proud that he could read these words in a location other than his reading book.  
I think that means it's sinking in =)


Then I laid out all of the letters that we've learned.  I said a word and he pointed to the letter that it started with.  First time we've ever done that either.  He did great!


We did our next lesson in our reading book, and then I had him write letters in salt with his fingertips.


There happened to be a pretty sunny day, so we took a nice nature walk, too =)  
I've got to be outside while I still can!



No comments:

Post a Comment